Learn, make, create, invent, innovate, explore, collaborate, play in Flux.
SAM Labs Virtual Summer Camps
July 6th - August 14th
Need something to keep your K-8 kids busy this summer?
Join SAM Labs for a week-long STEAM and Coding camps from July 6th – August 14th!
- Week-long camp-themed lessons with hands-on, interactive steam and coding activities
- Aligned with the NGSS/CSTA standards
- Sessions are made up of a coding and creation portion so students get a hands-on learning experience
- 1.5 hours of live instruction led by our team of certified educators through Zoom daily 1.5 hours of structured, self-paced learning (through Seesaw) daily
Flux’s Esports in Education Summit (POSTPONED)
9 am - 3 pm
STEM Camp EDU 2020
Lower Merion High School – CodeLM Event (Online)
APRIL 17th, 2020
12 pm - 3 pm
Lower Merion High School has held codeLM, a multi-high school computer programming competition, each year for the last five years. This year, CodeLM 2020 will be entirely online. The competition will be held on April 17th from 12 – 3, see links below to register.
Here are some important details from Lower Merion:
• Everything will be done online through our website – NewWaveComputers.com
• Students will work individually in three divisions:
1. Junior Developer – This is for students that are in their first year of computer science, typically a pre-AP course.
2. Senior Developer – These students are in their second year of computer science, or are enrolled in AP Computer Science A
3. Upper Management – Students have already completed AP Computer Science A or are enrolled in a post-AP CSA course.
• Prizes will be awarded for the top finishers in each division.
• The competition will consist of a handful of auto-graded questions. Submissions will not be evaluated on quality, just simply if it works.
• Students can write solutions in Java, Python or C++.
• Students will be able to compete from anywhere, as long as they have a high school teacher that will vouch for their level of experience..
Students can register for a practice account at NewWaveComputers.com where they can test out our dashboard and see questions from last year’s competition.
Message from Tom Swope – Computer Science Teacher at Lower Merion HS:
Please let me know if you have any questions. We’re hoping that our competition will serve as a fun and engaging activity for students during these very unusual times.
Tom Swope – email@example.com