Learn, make, create, invent, innovate, explore, collaborate, play in Flux.
EdTech Demo Days – Creating Hybrid Learning Environments
Providing an opportunity to test equipment and setups that help educators create better learning experiences online.
To help educators navigate the current state of education we are hosting hybrid learning demo days with one of our collaboration partners Kinly (www.kinly.com) These demo days will allow educators to explore solutions when it comes to creating hybrid learning environments. Our goal is to help local organizations make educated choices about the tech they are investing in for COVID and beyond.
Test products and solutions from companies such as HP, Neat, Poly, Logitech, NEC, and more!
Each session will be limited to 1 school district and masks are required for health and safety.
Please let us know in your registration what your cloud tech is currently (Google, Microsoft, Zoom, Webex, etc. so we can support you with correct information)
One session will be archived and shared for those that can not attend.
Please sign up for a time slot by clicking on the button below.
Flux’s Esports in Education Summit (POSTPONED)
9 am - 3 pm
STEM Camp EDU 2020
Emerald Foundation – Esports Events (ONLINE)
Emerald Esports is proud to present our new tournament series, Emerald Encounters. To accommodate our players’ interests, Emerald Encounters will feature rotating titles in the format of one-day events. Our focus is on providing quick and exciting competitions for players of all skill levels. This FREE opportunity is designed for players ages 13-23 of all experience levels. We’re excited to have you join our event!
Game l Valorant
Players Needed I 5 per team
Date I Sunday, August 2nd
Start Time I Noon EST
Prizing I $100 to first-place team
Please check-in prior to 11:45 a.m.
Students register by going to this link, https://smash.gg/tournament/emerald-encounters-valorant/details
Emerald Foundation – Summer League Play
– From Brianna Titi Esports Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
Emerald Esports is proud to announce the launch of our first-ever Summer League. Emerald Esports is bringing the competition to our students in the comfort of their homes through online opportunities. We are offering popular game titles including League of Legends, Overwatch, Rocket League, FIFA 20, Valorant, and Super Smash Bros. This is a FREE opportunity for players ages 13-23. Our five-week-long Summer League began July 13 and will conclude August 21. For those who qualify, a special one-week of Summer Finals begins August 17.
To reach more students than ever before and be inclusive to those we serve, we have created a system that allows students to sign up during any point in our Summer League. We facilitate an immersive, fun environment where students can play, explore, and connect through ongoing organized events and learning opportunities. We aim to empower, excite, and cultivate tomorrow’s workforce through esports.
We’ve partnered with esports platform professional, GYO Score to create this unique gaming experience. GYO is our tournament host site. They are handling all the technicalities before, during, and after gameplay. We have worked with them in past events, and are excited for our biggest competition series to date!
Here is our registration link, https://gyo.gg/org/emerald-foundation/competitions/. Students sign themselves up individually. The first person can create a team and the others can be a part of it by selecting it.
Please let me know if you need any additional information! Thank you!
Brianna Titi | BTiti@emeralde.org
Esports Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
SAM Labs Virtual Summer Camps
July 6th - August 14th
Need something to keep your K-8 kids busy this summer?
Join SAM Labs for a week-long STEAM and Coding camps from July 6th – August 14th!
- Week-long camp-themed lessons with hands-on, interactive steam and coding activities
- Aligned with the NGSS/CSTA standards
- Sessions are made up of a coding and creation portion so students get a hands-on learning experience
- 1.5 hours of live instruction led by our team of certified educators through Zoom daily 1.5 hours of structured, self-paced learning (through Seesaw) daily
Lower Merion High School – CodeLM Event (Online)
APRIL 17th, 2020
12 pm - 3 pm
Lower Merion High School has held codeLM, a multi-high school computer programming competition, each year for the last five years. This year, CodeLM 2020 will be entirely online. The competition will be held on April 17th from 12 – 3, see links below to register.
Here are some important details from Lower Merion:
• Everything will be done online through our website – NewWaveComputers.com
• Students will work individually in three divisions:
1. Junior Developer – This is for students that are in their first year of computer science, typically a pre-AP course.
2. Senior Developer – These students are in their second year of computer science, or are enrolled in AP Computer Science A
3. Upper Management – Students have already completed AP Computer Science A or are enrolled in a post-AP CSA course.
• Prizes will be awarded for the top finishers in each division.
• The competition will consist of a handful of auto-graded questions. Submissions will not be evaluated on quality, just simply if it works.
• Students can write solutions in Java, Python or C++.
• Students will be able to compete from anywhere, as long as they have a high school teacher that will vouch for their level of experience..
Students can register for a practice account at NewWaveComputers.com where they can test out our dashboard and see questions from last year’s competition.
Message from Tom Swope – Computer Science Teacher at Lower Merion HS:
Please let me know if you have any questions. We’re hoping that our competition will serve as a fun and engaging activity for students during these very unusual times.
Tom Swope – firstname.lastname@example.org